Full-Time Senior Personal Lines Advisor
Create your future with SASCU. We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the communities we serve in the Shuswap. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)! Add in a comprehensive total rewards program which includes a competitive base salary and variable pay program, plus health and retirement benefits and much more!
As a Senior Personal Lines Advisor at our Salmon Arm branch, you will actively obtain, manage, and maintain a portfolio of personal lines accounts, in particular larger more complex accounts. Additionally, you will provide guidance, direction, and back-up support to other Personal Lines staff as required.
Join us and receive a $1500 signing bonus! Share your potential and launch a rewarding career with SASCU Insurance!
What you’ll do:
- Profile customers to identify current and future needs, provide comprehensive insurance advice, prepare quotes, and actively manage a portfolio of large/complex accounts.
- Prepare quotes and sell insurance products and services to new and existing customers.
- Review current and prospective customers’ insurance coverage for needs, suitability, and accuracy.
- Provide service and prepare all related documentation for personal lines customer requests such as policy changes, additions, deletions, renewals, and/or cancellations and certificates/binders.
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivables per SASCU Insurance service standards.
- Respond to emergencies and assist customers with their claims while adhering to the appropriate follow-up procedures, ensuring accurate claims servicing.
- Provide and/or coordinate personal lines Insurance team training, support, and guidance on day-to-day activities of personal lines insurance staff as directed by the Branch Manager, Insurance.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager, Insurance to support efficient branch operations and quality service delivery to customers, including participation in community activities, and back up oversight of office as occasionally required.
What you’ll bring:
- Must hold a Level 2 General Insurance Agent’s License; CAIB and/or CIP designation preferred
- A minimum of five years of progressive personal lines experience
- Comprehensive understanding of personal lines insurance, wordings, exclusions, errors & omissions, and familiarity with risk management techniques
- Advanced knowledge of personal lines products (including specialized or niche products) services, and regulatory requirements
- Proficiency computer skills including Microsoft Office and agency management systems
- Access to transportation and willingness to travel within the SASCU community
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Are a team player with demonstrated ability to generate sales and service results, business development, and relationship building
- Have a clear understanding of the industry, market conditions, and competition
- Possess strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Are committed to continuous learning and self-development
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $1 billion in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com