Part-Time Insurance Representative, Level 1 – Union
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are looking for a Level 1 Insurance Representative, so if you’re passionate about insurance, and helping people protect themselves and their assets we’d like to hear from you.
What’s the role?
As a Level 1 Insurance Representative, you will effectively cross-sell the services of Coastal Community Insurance Services (2007) Ltd. and Coastal Community Credit Union. You will report to the Agency Manager.
Your duties will include:
- Organizing, controlling and distributing all batching, inventory, stock reconciliations, banking and all other ICBC agency functions
- Performing all clerical and general insurance office functions
- Actively training and/or assisting in ICBC and general insurance transactions with the responsibility to train others from time to time in ICBC functions
- Performing other insurance related duties as assigned
- Actively promoting the organization in the community in a positive manner
- Ensuring that all department work meets standards in presentation, quality and timeliness as directed
- Providing a friendly, courteous and communicative service while responding immediately and diplomatically to questions and concerns
- Performing other insurance related duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Secondary school diploma.
- Applicable licensing concurrent with position of Level 1.
- Should a Level II license be required, must be prepared to obtain required license within 24 months as directed by the Insurance Manager
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Demonstration of a professional manner in speech, conduct, and appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as required in an environment of quality service and cross-selling.
- A practical knowledge of ICBC related computer skills and understanding of the operation of a PC.
- Ability to operate general office equipment and knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability and incentive to upgrade skills and knowledge.
- A commitment to the Strategic Planning process.
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
Who are we?
Coastal Community has been in business over 70 years, and we’re proud of the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned and locally-based—all of Coastal Community’s operations, Board of Directors and employees are based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, with all decisions made locally.
- We’re a growing organization with over 2.5 billion in Credit Union assets, serving over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices and 4 business centres.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home, and in the last five years alone, we’ve contributed $2.5 million to community partners across our islands.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!