Full-Time Employee Development & Communications Manager
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
Holdco is a joint venture between Coastal Community Insurance Services and Interior Savings Insurance Services. Both organizations operate as separate legal entities, each maintaining their own local focus and branding. We are looking for an Employee Development & Communications Manager, so if you’re passionate about leadership, coaching, employee development and communication that aligns with our corporate goals and objectives, we’d like to hear from you.
This opportunity offers the ability to work remotely from anywhere in British Columbia.
What’s the role?
As an Employee Development & Communications Manager you’ll excel as a knowledgeable leader equipped to support Holdco’s vision of sales and service excellence through the development of effective training programs, facilitation and communication aligned with our corporate goals and objectives. As an innovative leader, you’ll work closely with various key stakeholders including Human Resources and Communications to ensure alignment with our strategic direction and standards.
Your duties will include:
- Participate in consultation and collaboration with various stakeholders to determine key deliverables for the development of communications and learning programs
- Drive innovation by displaying a growth mindset, applying stakeholder feedback, seeking out new resources, tools, and platforms to advance communications and training that aligns with the strategic direction of the organization
- Evaluate training programs through feedback, learning objectives, transfer of learning and analysis to improve the tools, processes, trainings, and business results
- Participate in consultation and collaboration with stakeholders to assess development needs using internal and external resources to design, develop, deliver and evaluate program to ensure the right structures and training are aligned to business objectives
- Accountable for effectively introducing new employees to the organization by assisting with the development, coordination and facilitation of the Orientations and Onboarding programs for Holdco and its subsidiaries
- In collaboration and consultation with stakeholders, accountable for communications, including ad hoc and critical updates through various channels, ensuring consistency of messaging that aligns with the strategic direction of the organization
What are we looking for?
- Successful completion of a high school diploma/Grade 12 equivalent
- Post-secondary degree in Training, Education, or Communication preferred
- 5 – 7 years insurance experience (minimum 5 years as Level 2)
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Ability to analyze and interpret results to offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Strong experience in providing detailed and accurate information to third parties
- Strong experience in training and facilitation techniques
- Experience selecting and using instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with insurance systems, applications, and processes
- EPIC, Rating Tools, Evaluators, etc.
- Insurance products and lines
- Knowledge and understanding of a sales-and-service oriented culture
- Ability to assist management on a variety of corporate or strategic projects
- Research, propose, develop, and present new or changed training programs/resources/tools
Who are we?
Holdco is a joint venture between Coastal Community Insurance Services and Interior Savings Insurance Services. Both organizations operate as separate legal entities, each maintaining their own local focus and branding.
About Interior Savings
About Interior Savings Interior Savings is a member-owned, democratically-controlled credit union dedicated to creating local money while helping to build vibrant communities. Through its 21 branches, 16 insurance offices, Member Service Centre, and two Commercial Services Centres, the Credit Union offers personal and commercial banking and a full range of insurance and wealth management services to more than 70,000 members across 14 communities in the BC Interior. In the last 15 years, Interior Savings has returned $58.7 million to members through its Member Rewards Program and invested nearly $8 million in support of community programs.
About Coastal Community
Improving financial health, enriching lives, and building healthier communities…These are at the core of who we are and what we do at Coastal Community Credit Union (CCCU). With these as our focus areas, we continue to grow our position as the largest financial services organization based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, while remaining among the largest credit unions in British Columbia. In order to help our members and clients improve their financial health, CCCU’s family of companies offers a wide range of products, services and expertise in personal, business and commercial banking, general and commercial insurance* and wealth management**. As an Island-based business, we’re committed to making meaningful differences in the places we call home. CCCU continues to help build healthier communities in part through donations, sponsorships, scholarship and fundraising efforts totaling over half-a-million dollars each year.