Full-Time Agency Manager
Position Type: Permanent
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are looking for an Agency Manager, so if you’re passionate about team development and have experience with practices, procedures and general agency operations, and have knowledge of all products relevant to the general insurance industry, including ICBC transactions, we’d like to hear from you!
What’s the role?
As an Agency Manager, you will develop and deliver business growth while productively leading, coaching, and developing a team of insurance sales professionals. You will guide and motivate employees to ensure the delivery of proactive, cross-divisional sales and service to meet the needs of clients. The ideal candidate will actively solicit, sell and service all forms of personal lines and related small commercial lines business from new and existing clients.
What are we looking for?
- Successful completion of a high school Diploma
- Level 3 General Insurance License, CAIB and/or CIP designation
- Minimum of seven (7) years previous insurance industry experience
- Management educational courses or experience for year or more is an asset
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Advanced knowledge of personal lines insurance
- Superior working knowledge of the policies and procedures within the insurance division
- Superior working knowledge of the EPIC system and applicable legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package including MSP, dental, and extended healthcare
- Employer paid RRSP benefit
- Ongoing support for education and career development
Who are we?
Coastal Community has been in business over 70 years, and we’re proud of the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned and locally-based—all of Coastal Community’s operations, Board of Directors and employees are based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, with all decisions made locally.
- We’re a growing organization with over 2.5 billion in Credit Union assets, serving over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices and 4 business centres.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home, and in the last five years alone, we’ve contributed $2.5 million to community partners across our islands.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!