Temporary Temporary Full-time Commercial Lines Assistant Cranbrook
Join a team that values you and recognizes the power you have to create success for yourself and for Kootenay Insurance Services Ltd. (KIS). We offer the stability and resources of a leading, locally-based organization, an employee focused culture that values your individual contribution and encourages work/life balance, plus a commitment to serving and helping our community.
Under general supervision and consistent with established standards of excellence in customer service, provides technical and administrative support to new commercial lines customers and the Manager in the preparation of new commercial policy applications, commercial renewals and midterm policy changes. Responds to customer reports concerning loss or damage to risk. On a backup basis, performs all duties of the Personal Lines Broker including the full range of personal lines products and services, as well as provincial vehicle licensing and insurance services to promote the achievement of branch sales goals and to ensure customer satisfaction. Performs a variety of branch administrative support duties on an as-needed basis.
• Secondary school diploma or equivalent
• Successful completion of Fundamentals of Insurance or one of four other education options or equivalent as recognized by the Insurance Council of BC, resulting in the Level 2 General Insurance Agent Licence
• Completion of ICBC Autoplan Basics for Brokers
• A minimum of two years of experience in the sale of personal lines and Autoplan products and services within a licenced general insurance company
• Candidates must also demonstrate the following:
o Basic personal computer literacy skills including keyboarding
o Familiarity with the Windows operating system, internet access and email applications, and office automation software such as Word
o Knowledge of KIS’ Foundation Statement and philosophy
o Working knowledge of KIS service standards
o Working knowledge of ICBC and personal lines products and services, and associated administrative requirements
o Working knowledge of Kootenay Insurance policies, standards, guidelines and procedures governing vehicle, travel/medical insurance, personal lines products and services and privacy legislation as it affects customer service transactions
o Working knowledge of insurance system applications (such as Agency Manager, CompuQuote, ICBC systems)
o Ability to organize work and meet deadlines within an environment of constantly changing priorities
o Ability to maintain complete client confidentiality
o Ability to communicate effectively within a sales and service environment, both verbally and in writing
o Ability to provide service-oriented solutions to customers, and to establish and build long term relationships with customers
• Candidates will undergo a criminal records check prior to selection and be bondable.
• Successful applicants are required to meet annual continuing education requirements to maintain their licensing level.