Full-Time Personal Lines Broker – Trail, B.C.
Under general supervision and consistent with established standards of excellence in customer service, provides the full range of personal/general lines and travel/medical insurance products and services to new customers, and processes renewals and mid-term endorsements including those of a unique, specialized or complex nature. Provides a range of provincial vehicle licensing and insurance services to promote the achievement of branch sales goals and to ensure customer satisfaction. Performs a variety of branch administrative support duties on an as-needed basis.
• Secondary school diploma or equivalent
• Successful completion of Fundamentals of Insurance or one of four other education options or equivalent as recognized by the Insurance Council of BC, resulting in the Level 2 General Insurance Agent Licence
• Completion of ICBC Autoplan Basics for Brokers
• A minimum of two years of experience in the sale of Autoplan products and services within a licenced general insurance company, with some exposure to the features and benefits of personal lines products such as travel/medical
• Candidates must also demonstrate the following:
o Basic personal computer literacy skills including keyboarding
o Familiarity with the Windows operating system, internet access and email applications, and office automation software such as Word
o Knowledge of KIS’ Foundation Statement and philosophy
o Working knowledge of KIS service standards
o Working knowledge of ICBC and personal lines products and services, and associated administrative requirements
o Working knowledge of Kootenay Insurance policies, standards, guidelines and procedures governing vehicle, travel/medical insurance, personal lines products and services and privacy legislation as it affects customer service transactions
o Working knowledge of insurance system applications (such as Agency Manager, Applied Rating, ICBC systems)
o Ability to organize work and meet deadlines within an environment of constantly changing priorities
o Ability to maintain complete client confidentiality
o Ability to communicate effectively within a sales and service environment, both verbally and in writing
o Ability to provide service-oriented solutions to customers, and to establish and build long term relationships with customers
• Candidates will undergo a criminal records check prior to selection and be bondable
• A valid BC Drivers’ licence and access to a licenced motor vehicle in safe operating condition is required for Mobile Roadrunner duties.
Successful applicants are required to meet annual continuing education requirements to maintain their licensing level.