Part-Time Insurance Advisor – Temporary
If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Insurance Advisor to join our team.
The goal of the Personal Insurance Broker is to build strong and lasting relationships with members and while providing them with solutions to their ICBC, auto, home, equipment, tenant and other insurance needs. In this role you will demonstrate a dedication to continuous improvement, a collaborative work style, and an ability to adapt to fast-paced change. You are motivated by providing genuine, remarkable member experiences every time.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Sales & Service: Identifies the needs of new or existing clients for ICBC Auto, private auto motorcycle, ATV, travel, RC and boat insurance coverage through interviewing and relationship building; gathers information on risk and consults on complex risk cases with the Manager as appropriate; writes new business; sells and processes renewals and midterm changes; generates policies for sign-off; processes transfers and cancellation of previous coverage; collects premiums and/or processes premium refunds. Ensures transactions and payments are posted and processed accurately; reviews monthly outstanding renewals list and contacts clients to identify renewal options and/or changes in coverage.
- Business Development: Identifies opportunities to actively solicit referrals to retail banking, commercial and other lines of business within the credit union; cross-sells related insurance products and solicits new client opportunities.
- Financial Management: Arranges for financing, calculates monthly premiums, sets up direct debit where requested and completes finance contract where financing is an option; ensures all premiums are collected and follows up on overdue accounts.
- Claim Management: Reports claims promptly to insurers’ adjusters, and conducts follow-up activities with clients to ensure service levels are maintained by the insurer; reports all claims over limits to manager/more senior advisor; supports clients if there is loss or damage by referring claims to the centralized claims area and/or compiling information on circumstances surrounding the event.
- Administrative: Completes activity planners monthly and reviews with performance leader; ensures transactions and payments are posted and processed accurately; balances daily cash and prepares materials for batching; prepares binder for key stakeholders; setups and maintains computerized client files; and performs various administrative duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Level 1 General Insurance License
- Enthusiastic and positive demeanor
- High School diploma
- Customer service experience
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.