Full-Time Business Insurance Advisor
- Business Development: Provides new and potential members with expert advice on commercial insurance products through proactive calls, email, pipeline management, acting on referrals, and conducting business development activities; interviews members to identify insurance needs, gather information on risk and recommends insurance product that meets their needs. Respond in a timely basis to all incoming web quotes.
- Member Relationship: Builds strong relationships with current and potential members; explains features and benefits of members’ current products and identifies opportunities to expand and deepen relationships through provision of additional products and services. Makes qualified referrals to other lines of business within First West. This role is focused on selling to new members, with renewal business being managed by the Renewals team.
- Administration: Sets up computerized member files and submits applications to insurance companies for quotation or underwriting; where appropriate quote on and complete package policies; prepares binders, certificates and proposal packages, as required. Additional administrative support is available to the BIA from the insurance service centre.
- Risk Management: Makes financing arrangements with customer in accordance with and within the limits set out in insurance policy; collects premiums and may follow up on overdue accounts, as required.
- Customer Records: Maintains accurate and up to date customer records and ensures adherence to established First West policies and procedures.
- General Insurance – Level two (required) Level two and three (preferred)
- 1-2 years’ experience in commercial insurance OR
- five years’ senior personal lines experience
- Experience working with the Epic Broker Management System, or equivalent software (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Excel
- Ability to translate technical insurance terms for members
- Strong sales and relationship building skills in person, over the phone, and by e-mail
- Ability to collaborate with the broader insurance team
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.