Part-Time Insurance Representative, Level 2
Coastal Community Credit Union is the largest financial services organization based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands and serves over 110,000 members and clients through its 24 branches, 16 insurance offices and 4 business centres. Coastal Community is committed to improving financial health, enriching lives and building healthier communities.
Coastal Community Insurance Services (2007) Ltd, a subsidiary of Coastal Community Credit Union, is seeking to fill the position of Level 2 Insurance Representative.
Primary Responsibility/Basic Purpose
The Level 2 Insurance Representative will effectively cross-sell the services of Coastal Community Insurance Services (2007) Ltd. and Coastal Community Credit Union. The representative will report to the Agency Manager.
- Performing all clerical and general insurance office functions.
- Ability to prospect, market, sell, and process all products relevant to the general insurance industry, including ICBC transactions.
- Assisting in the development of products, procedures, or services.
- Checking and signing policies for Level I Salespersons as required.
- Actively promoting the organization in the community in a positive manner.
- Ensuring that all department work meets standards in presentation, quality, and timeliness as directed.
- Providing a friendly, courteous, and communicative service while responding immediately and diplomatically to questions and concerns.
- Effectively utilizing time out of the office to generate sales.
- Handling Level I functions as required.
- Performing other insurance related duties as assigned.
Required Skills – Knowledge – Abilities
- Demonstration of a professional manner in speech, conduct, and appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as required in an environment of quality service and cross-selling.
- A practical knowledge of ICBC related computer skills and understanding of the operation of a PC.
- Ability to operate general office equipment and knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability and incentive to upgrade skills and knowledge.
- A commitment to the Strategic Planning process.
- Secondary school diploma.
- Applicable licensing concurrent with position.
- Advanced knowledge of personal lines insurance.
- Working knowledge of commercial insurance.