Part-Time Insurance Advisor
If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Insurance Advisor to join our team.
The goal of the Insurance Advisor is to build strong and lasting relationships with members and while providing them with solutions to their ICBC, auto, home, tenant and other insurance needs. In this role you will demonstrate a dedication to continuous improvement, a collaborative work style, and an ability to adapt to fast-paced change. You are motivated by providing genuine, remarkable member experiences every time.
- Sales & Service: Identifies the needs of new or existing clients for ICBC Auto, private auto motorcycle, ATV, travel, RC and boat insurance coverage through interviewing and relationship building; gathers information on risk and consults on complex risk cases with the Manager as appropriate; writes new business; sells and processes renewals and midterm changes; generates policies for sign-off; processes transfers and cancellation of previous coverage; collects premiums and/or processes premium refunds. Ensures transactions and payments are posted and processed accurately; reviews monthly outstanding renewals list and contacts clients to identify renewal options and/or changes in coverage.
- Business Development: Identifies opportunities to actively solicit referrals to retail banking, commercial and other lines of business within the credit union; cross-sells related insurance products and solicits new client opportunities.
- Financial Management: Arranges for financing, calculates monthly premiums, sets up direct debit where requested and completes finance contract where financing is an option; ensures all premiums are collected and follows up on overdue accounts.
- Claim Management: Reports claims promptly to insurers’ adjusters, and conducts follow-up activities with clients to ensure service levels are maintained by the insurer; reports all claims over limits to manager/more senior advisor; supports clients if there is loss or damage by referring claims to the centralized claims area and/or compiling information on circumstances surrounding the event.
- Administrative: Completes activity planners monthly and reviews with performance leader; ensures transactions and payments are posted and processed accurately; balances daily cash and prepares materials for batching; prepares binder for key stakeholders; setups and maintains computerized client files; and performs various administrative duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Level 1 General Insurance License required
- Personal Lines experience preferred
- Enthusiastic and positive demeanor
- High School diploma
- Customer service experience